Friday 6 March 2015

Review // MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Balm in 'Cherry Bomb' & 'Rouge Rumba'


  When MUA released their Spring 2015 collection, I was kind of excited because they haven't released anything in a while. Looking through the collection, to be brutally honest, I wasn't really interested in any of the other items - I rarely wear pastel eyeshadow shades and I haven't mastered the art of wearing blush... all apart from these. The MUA Sweet Sheen Lip Balm. I like a good quick, no-fuss tinted lip product that I can use for everyday wear and which can provide me a wash of colour to look more alive. 

  There are 6 shades in total, but I just picked up Rouge Rumba and Cherry Bomb - the more darker shades, as with my fairly pigmented lips, the lighter ones probably won't show up that well. (The other shades are; Pink Lilly, French Violet, Coral Reef & Peach Dream)

  Anyway, without further ado...





What MUA says:

"MUA's sweet sheen is a soft balm that moisturises whilst also adding a subtle shimmer of colour to your lips!"




Packaging

Your standard lip stick/lip balm packaging, but I really like the long sleek tubes which makes it easy to fit in your bag, as well as how the tubes co-ordinate with the shades. Makes finding the right shade easier!


Formula

MUA calls these a lip balm, but I'm slightly on the fence about that. Whilst they aren't drying at all, they aren't that moisturizing either - although more 'moisturing' than the Maybelline Baby Lips Colour range in my opinion. I'll definitely still be putting on my trusty Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter before applying this! That being said, it does apply evenly and I love the slight wash of colour. 

  They also have a lovely slight vanilla scent - almost similar to that of their lipsticks! Pigmentation wise, it's quite good seeing as they're marketed as a tinted lip balm. Although definitely not opaque like a lipstick would be, one swipe with the darker shades (above) gives you a gorgeous tint! Of course, you can build it up as well. On the lips, it has a nice, natural glossy finish which I'm really liking and they're really smooth and comfortable as well. Lasting power is average - about 1 to 2 hours before reapplication would be needed.

  Although I couldn't quite capture the difference in colours between Cherry Bomb and Rouge Rumba on my face on camera, you can see the difference quite clearly on my hand swatches!


Cherry Bomb

A dark berry pink shade. 
Out of the two, I reach for this one more often because it gives me the slight berry shade that I like. Here, I've swatched it between 2 other lip products that I own that I thought could be contenders. Judging from the swatches, the MUA Sweet Sheen Lip balm is more fuchsia and purple-toned than the other two, more pigmented that the Maybelline Baby Lips Color in Cherry Crush, but less pigmented than the Revlon Lip Butter in Berry Smoothie. 


Rouge Rumba

A mid tone blue based red that brightens up your face. I find that it leans too much pink for my liking, but it's just personal preference!

Final Verdict

 For only £2 each, these are definitely worth a try - you can't really go wrong with a tinted lip balm. But if you aren't really keen on these, do check out the rest of MUA's affordable Sping 2015 Collection that is sure to get you excited for spring:

- Spring Break Palette £4
- 3 x Nail Polish (Lavender, Posy & Spearmint) £1 each
5 x MUA Luxe Whipped Velvet Lips & complimenting Blushes (Chichi, Hedonic, Ritzy, Rococo, Spry) £3 each
- 4 x Pro-Base Prime & Conceal Correcting Cream (Green, Lilac, Peach, Yellow) £2 each
- 2 x Lipstick (Barely There & Coral Flush£1 each
- Pro-Base Smooth, Set & Prime £5
- Pout Prime £3
- Pressed Powder Translucent £1

You can purchase all of these either at Superdrug or on the MUA website itself!


Have you tried anything from MUA's Spring Collection 2015?


Recent steals & deals

UK
Motel Rocks - 20% off playsuits (Code: PLAYTIME2007/03 11am GMT
Forever 21 - Up to 30% off selected dresses 08/03 // 30% off Love21 Contemporary line (Code: LOVE30OFF) 15/03
FeelUnique - Save £10 when you spend £60 (Code: TREATS6009/03 midnight GMT
F&F Clothing - 20% off nightwear 13/03
Superdrug - Save £5 when you spend £50 or more (Code: MDAY514/03
Benefit Cosmetics  - Free shower cap, Benefit vanity mirror & creaseless cream eyeshadow mini when you spend £50 + Free shipping (Code: LOVEMUM) 31/03 midnight GMT
The Body Shop - 20% off when you spend £10 + free mystery gift (Code: FREE10) // 25% off when you spend £5 + free delivery (Code: 19804) // Save £10 when you spend £30 + free delivery (Code: 19805)

Beauty Expert - Save 15% off your order when you buy any 2 products (Code: TREATME)
Urban Outfitters - Free delivery on orders over £30 (Code: 30FREEDEL
Missguided- Extra 40% off sale (Code: EXTRA40)
Elemis - Free Elemis Skincare programme when you spend £80 or more (Code: SKINTYPE15)
L'occitane - Free 7 piece mini hand cream collection when you spend £40 or more (Code: 7TREATS)
BHS - 20% off home & fashion (Code: YESPLEASE)
Fragrance Direct - 8 Top Brands now in sale!
Clarks - Save up to 50%
Burton Menswear - Up to 30% off seasonal offers
Aldo - Extra 50% off all reduced boots 

US
Forever 21 -  30% off spring styles

BOTH
Shopbop - Take up to 25% off your order (Code: BIGEVENT1507/03 
SheInside - Spend US$55 and take 33% off (Code: UC3312/03
GAP - 30% off regular priced items (Code: BLOOM)
ASOS - 20% off new season wins 




post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stumbling on to my little slice of the Internet + for taking the time to comment! I try to reply back to all of them.Have a great day (:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
09 10